28 Jul Keys to Cross Channel Branding
A consistent and recognizable brand helps viewers remember your business and allows you to stand out from the competition — both online and offline. So, how do we accomplish that? Let’s review a few steps to maintain brand consistency across marketing channels:
- KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE – Before you begin piecing together your brand strategy, you must understand whom you are trying to reach. Creating buyer personas is a great way to stitch together an idea of who you are selling to, what problem they are looking to solve, what they like and dislike, how they spend time online, etc. In addition, factors like tone, style, and frequency can affect how potential customers respond to your brand.
- CHOOSE YOUR VOICE – Once you’ve thoroughly analyzed your target audience and what they respond best to, you can determine the brand voice. A brand voice can be humorous or serious, casual or professional, instructional or emotional. What would your brand’s personality be if it were personified? Think about which key elements of your business you would want to be immediately understood by your audience.
- CREATE A BRAND GUIDE – Members of your target audience should be able to identify your marketing within only a few seconds of seeing it. Ideally, your audience should be able to tell it’s your brand without the logo. To accomplish this, you need to have a brand guide, which is a mapped-out set of rules and standards for visual and written material. A proper brand guide includes a specific color palate, tone and voice, font, copy, images, and more. It is also vital that these features stand out from the competition. Keeping brand uniformity increases brand recognition in any marketing channel, even if they require different approaches.
- BALANCE FREQUENCY- Striking the balance between under- and over-communicating is tricky; it’s essential to stay relevant in the minds of potential customers without overwhelming them. Creating a marketing calendar allows the brand to remain active without spamming followers. Maintaining frequency and consistency helps your audience know what to expect from you and want to hear more about your offer.
- BE HUMAN – Marketing is all about personality. Your audience should never feel like they are interacting with a faceless bot, but rather a human who cares about and can relate to their needs. People who feel seen and heard are more likely to trust the brand. Moreover, providing a personal response to any question or customer service issue is a great way to reinforce your brand and its dedication to its customers.
Brand consistency throughout all marketing channels is vital to the brand’s success. At the end of the day, a poorly managed brand is sometimes worse than no brand at all. At Silesky Marketing, we would love the opportunity to help create a brand and strategy conducive to this approach. Schedule a meeting with our team to learn more about our background and how we can help your brand grow.